Another OleDB Connector Error
Posted by: David House
Date: April 18, 2005 08:41AM

I am trying to get the OleDB connector working, but haven't had any luck yet. I have gotten through the obvious issues of installing MyODBC and MyOLEDB, but have hit a brick wall. First of all, here is my configuration:

MySQL 4.1
MySQL Connector Net 1.0.4
MyOleDB 3.0
MyODBC 3.51.11-2

My connection string looks like this:
Provider=MySQLProv;location=localhost;Data Source=testrepository;User ID=root;Password=;

I'm using the OleDbConnection class from the System.Data.OleDb namespace to make the connection. The exception I'm getting is:
No error information available: E_FAIL(0x80004005)

I have also tried to setup a SystemDSN and change my connection string to:
Provider=MySQLProv;DSN=TestRepository;

That gives me the same error. Also what is strange is that in both cases, the MySQL connection dialog is displayed. In the first case, all the correct information is filled in, so I just hit the OK button. On the second case, its all empty ( even though its filled in correctly in the SystemDSN ).

I know that the ODBC part is working since I have a program called WinSQL that connects to any ODBC database. Its just from OleDB that it seems to not work. The sample database creator program included with MyOleDB doesn't work either.

I'm assuming that I have an incorrect version of something, but which piece?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Another OleDB Connector Error
April 18, 2005 08:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.