MySqlAdapter.Fill Error message (Non-negative number required. Parameter name: count )
Posted by: Anthony Clewlow
Date: April 01, 2009 07:46AM

I am using the MySQL Connector Net 5.1.5.

We have developed some code to prepopulate a new database based on data from an existing database. The code takes about 15mins to execute and runs within a single transaction, using a single connection object.

All is well on our development environment where I am the only one using the target and source database.

However when we try to execute the code in the production environment the code errors after a while. Not only that, on a re-run it errors in a different place, again after 10 mins or so. We finally got it to work during a lunch hour when the load was down on the servers, or at least I believe that is why it completed.

The error occurs on a call to MySqlAdapter.Fill(). The error message is: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: count.

The line of code in a method has beem called numerous times before failing and there seems to be no pattern with when it fails.

if I trap this error and step over the erroring line, the next fill throws the same error. Its almost like the connection has collapsed.

I found a reference to this error back in a previous version of MySQL but it is marked as resolved.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would occur under load?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySqlAdapter.Fill Error message (Non-negative number required. Parameter name: count )
April 01, 2009 07:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.