Re: .NET Windows Forms + MySQL deployment
Posted by: Emerson Mello
Date: May 14, 2012 03:40AM

Hi Gabriela,

Thanks for your reply.
This .NET win forms app will be installed on various machines. The users will be at home connected to the internet. My app will connect to the MySQL database via internet. So, when you say: "check that MySql server is up and running in the machine you have installed your application first" - thats not possible, I am not able to install MySQL where the application is being installed - the app will use the internet to find the db in the internet.

The only way I found to make it work is to install the .NET MySql connector during the installation of my app. I am doing that quietly. If the target machine doesnt have the connector, i get that message.

My deployment estrategy at the moment is to copy all the required assemblies to the target machine. It works. But please, if you think I am missing a point, dont hesitate to explain to me how I can make my app to work on target machines without installing the connector.

Thanks again! :)

Gabriela Martinez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Emerson, the error for Unable to connect is
> thrown by the connector itself since it cannot
> reach any server. I would suggest you to check
> that MySql server is up and running in the machine
> you have installed your application first. And the
> second check should be to check the way you want
> to deploy your application if you want to embed
> all the assemblies your application is using in
> the .exe or if you want to deploy them copying
> them to the deployed machine. Either way you don't
> have to install the connector at all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: .NET Windows Forms + MySQL deployment
May 14, 2012 03:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.