Re: does my msi instal complete?
Posted by: Fernando Gonzalez.Sanchez
Date: January 22, 2013 11:01AM

Hi,

I guess you are building a custom app installer that includes both Connector/NET and third party assemblies like ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib (which is not included in the standard Connector/NET distro).

Connector/NET itself does not have dependencies on SharpZipLib. Connector/NET core libraries (MySql.Data) can work fine whether if it is in the GAC or not.
(there's even a third party providing the MySql.Data thru nuget).

So if your app uses both Connector/NET & SharpZipLib, should work fine whether if they are in the GAC or not.

If on the other hand you made changes to Connector/NET to call SharpZipLib, then all the following would be valid scenarios:
a) Have both strong named.
b) Have both not strong named.
c) Have Connector/NET not strong named & SharpZipLib strong named.

regarding the GAC, a non strong named assembly cannot be in the GAC, on the other hand a strong named assembly can be on the GAC or not.

Hope it helps, if not please provide more details on your specific requirements.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 21, 2013 08:05PM
Re: does my msi instal complete?
January 22, 2013 11:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.