On Demand Starting of MySQL Instance
Posted by: rasinc rasinc
Date: March 04, 2013 09:44PM

I have a few users who currently have at least one MySQL database running on their machines. I am working on a program in VB.Net 2010 that needs a database to store information. I have been reading that it is possible to have more than one instance of the MySQL server running.

I have been experimenting but cannot figure out how to start an instance of MySQL with VB 2010 on demand. I believe that I have to start my instance with it's own port and since the other databases run on the default port 3306, I was thinking I should use a different one. I am not sure how to pass the correct options to the mysqld program. I am not sure if I should be using a --defaults-file option or --init-file option.

Can someone point me in the right direction with some VB code and which port I should use? I need to be able to start my own server as well as stop it without interrupting the other MySQL instance. TIA, rasinc

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
On Demand Starting of MySQL Instance
March 04, 2013 09:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.