Re: How do I create a new database and then restrict access to a particular user. (Programmatically, of course.)
Posted by: Roy Wilkinson
Date: June 03, 2013 05:49PM

Thank-you for your response. A bit more background may help.

The scenario I am looking at takes place on 'localhost'. A user runs an app and asks to create a new database (that the user/app will then use in the future). The user also provides a (MySQL) user ID and password. How do I ensure that the ID/password is valid and has appropriate rights? To establish a connection, it appears I need to specify a database, but in this case the database hasn't been created yet and specifying the to-be-created database name fails.

I see commands for managing accounts, but have failed to find info on how to check account validity or account rights. I'm probably missing something obvious, but missing it nonetheless.

I look forward to being enlightened. [And thank you, in advance for any help you may provide.]

Regards,

- Roy

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.