Parameters by Position or Name? .Net Connector
Posted by: Dave Becker
Date: November 26, 2013 06:22AM

We have two seperate environments for out application: Production and Staging.

In our staging environment we have a stored procedure that takes a single parameter of type INT, e.g. IN p_parameter INT. The stored proc is called from the data layer which passes in 'p_parameter'. The proc in this environment works fine.

However, in our production environment the proc call fails saying 'p_parameter not found in collection'.

What I have discovered is that in staging DB I can rename the parameter to anything I want, e.g. 'p_something' but the calling code still works even though it passes 'p_parameter' (I cannot repeat this test in Production due to priveleges).

Is there a setting or something that tells mysql to accept parameters by name or by position because that looks like what is happening? I'm really stumped because the proc has a mispelled parameter name and therefore should never have worked in staging!

Any Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Parameters by Position or Name? .Net Connector
November 26, 2013 06:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.