MySQL .Net connector extremely slow on one ISP
Posted by: Fabricio Rodriguez
Date: August 11, 2014 05:11AM

I have a Windows Forms .Net 4.0 application which connects to a MySQL 5.5 Server on a dedicated Windows server at our web hosting company (WebAfrica). I am using MySQL Connector 6.8.3.

Everything was working perfectly, until we switched internet service providers (from M-Web to AfriHost). Now, with the new provider, connecting to the database is EXTREMELY slow - to the point that it times out 90% of the time (and out timeout is 150 seconds!). As soon as we switch to another ISP, then everything works perfectly, and connections open in a second or two. I've spoken to our ISP, and they are clueless...

The other weird thing is that connecting to that same database via a tool such as Workbench, SQLyog or dbForge Studio works perfectly! The problem seems to happen ONLY when connecting to the database via MySQL Connector AND when we are with the AfriHost ISP.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this very strange phenomenon?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL .Net connector extremely slow on one ISP
August 11, 2014 05:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.