.NET Connector 6.9.5 breaks Sharepoint on SBS 2011
Posted by: Peter Marirosans
Date: January 19, 2015 08:38PM

Hello, I am a trying to install the mysql-connector-net-6.9.5 on our Small Business Server 2011, so that the .ASP page which we have created will work with the MySQL DB we have on another server.

When I install the connector our .ASP webpage works perfectly... however all other SBS website stop working... i.e. CompanyWeb, SharePoint Administrator. You simply get a message saying: Error. "An unexpected error has occurred. Correlation ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

From trail and error I can see it's linked to the WebProvider. As soon as I install the WebProvider the SharePoint sites break and the new .ASP page works fine. And as soon as I un-install that component the SBS sites work fine and the .ASP page stops working with a message "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Can anyone suggest as to what could be going on?!

Thanks

Peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.