MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MaxDB

Re: Synchronization Manager
Posted by: Daniel Vassallo
Date: May 05, 2006 01:22PM

Dear C.J.

Thanks for your response.

I did read and follow your article, and was very useful for setting up SyncManager. We should have it installed fine, since I have been able to define all the master/client replication units and active them successfully without errors.

I have a feeling that my problem has something to do with syncservice, but I cannot find a way to diagnose for problems in it. The first strange behaviour is that syncservice starts automatically with windows, since when I do

syncservice list -d DBMaster

I get the list of properties (Access Key, Database Host, etc). When I try to do

syncservice stop -d DBMaster

I get the following error: could not stop syncservice or syncservice not running. This happens all the times, even after I manually start syncserivce, so it does not seem that the problem is that syncservice is not running (unless it is not being started at all). When I do:

syncservice start -d DBMaster

I get no confirmation that the service started. I have been assuming that it started.

On the documentation that comes with SyncManager, it was advised to start the syncservices on both the master and client after the 'Send Content To Client' and start syncservice afterwards. I do not know if this is effecting something, but it seems that I cannot stop my syncservice before doing the 'Send Content To Client'.

In any case, I never get the client synchronised. Neither after doing the 'Send Content to Client', and neither when I manually insert rows into the tables marked for replication.

Can anyone see anything familiar in this problem? Is there a way that I can diagnose where the problem is? I am running all this on Windows XP SP2.

Many thanks,

Daniel Vassallo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Synchronization Manager
May 05, 2006 01:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.