MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Local MySQL Database with Mac OS X for Python
Posted by: Nick Kent
Date: May 08, 2008 02:45PM

Hey guys, I've been running a fairly complicated python script off my mac computer for a little while now. And recently I've run into problems with the database. For some reason, the database continues to drop if the script hasn't received a command in a while. It's a very unusually situation, the script is given a command, it does it and then sleeps for a while. If, a few hours later, another command is given, the script will say the database has gone away and sleep the alloted time. When it reattempts after sleep, it works perfectly until it sleeps for a few hours and is given another command, and so on and so forth. I've made sure that it uses persistent connections and all. But I can't seem to solve the problem.

But the real question in here (if one has a solution to that) is how would one go about creating a local database to access right off of this mac. I used remote mysql through a webhost before, and have never tampered with local databases as I'm sure you could tell. All I need is a simple MySQL database (just 3 tables) for my script to access locally.

Thanks for your assistance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 02:51PM by Nick Kent.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Local MySQL Database with Mac OS X for Python
May 08, 2008 02:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.