MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

MySQLdb requirements
Posted by: Vadim Pestovnikov
Date: June 24, 2009 10:20AM

Hi all,

I am trying to get working python and MySQLdb working on Solaris 10 SPARC machine.

Here are my questions:

1. What are minimum requirements for MySQLdb installation module. Do I have to install compiler, mysqlclient, mysql server (which I don't need at my machine) or other db related libraries to get it working?

What I need to achieve is to run SQL queries from one machine on a remote MySQL db server.

What I did for now, I installed python and was trying to install easy_install MySQL-python, but got an error "can't find mysql config or something like that".

2. Also please advise me is there any way to get running python 2.6.2 on SUN SPARC machine? I couldn't find any packages for it.

I checked sunfreeware.com, blastwave.org nothing. I was thinking about compiling it by my self but stucked with what compiler should I use SUN Studio or gcc from sunfreeware e.g. In case of using sunfreeware gcc I have to install all of the SUNW developers packages that come on SUN's Solaris CDs. Does anybody know what exactly packages are they?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQLdb requirements
June 24, 2009 10:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.