MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Setting session/global variables using Perl DBI
Posted by: georgi kuzmanov
Date: September 14, 2006 11:09AM

I could not find mention of dynamic session variables in the perldoc for the mysql DBI driver and cannot figure out a way of setting their values through Perl DBI.

Dynamic variables (both session and global) are documented in sub-section 5.2.3.2 of the MySQL manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/dynamic-system-variables.html

Section 5.2.3 describes how their values can be queried using "SHOW ..." and how default values can be established from the command line or configuration files. Section 13.5.3 describes how they can be set using the "SET ..." command from the mysql client.

I have tried unsuccessfully sending "set ..." commands (which I have separately confirmed to work from the mysql> prompt of the command line client) as SQL queries/statements using Perl DBI ($st->prepare; $st->execute or $dbh->do ...).

Could you please point me to the relevant documentation (or some other description) for setting (server-side) session variables from DBI?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Setting session/global variables using Perl DBI
September 14, 2006 11:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.