MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

problem with load infile-- "Error 13: Can't get stat of [filename]
Posted by: chrislcm
Date: February 26, 2005 01:13PM

I'm trying to get some data into tables using the "load infile" command.

In my application (a perl module I'm trying to use called Catalog-1.03) it logs in and sends another command to mysql before it gets to this one, then it executes this one and returns the error.

I tried simplfying the situation by
a) logging into mysql as root and doing this from the command line
b) setting the permissions for the file in question to rwx for everybody in case the mysql app didn't have the right permissions.

and it still gives me the error. The two lines (command sent and error returned) are here:

>load data infile '/Users/username/Documents/development/dmoz/path.txt' ignore into table catalog_path_dmoz;
>ERROR 13: Can't get stat of '/Users/username/Documents/development/dmoz/path.txt'

And haven't been able to find useful information about this error by searching through the docs or looking in the book I have (PHP and MySQL web development by welling and thomson). I'm guessing that it's something pretty straightforward that I haven't gotten to yet because I haven't used mSQL much. Any suggestions?

My configuration is:
Mac OS 10.2.8
MySQL 4.0.15

I can also admin the mysql databases with CocoaMySQL 0.5 in addition to the terminal.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
problem with load infile-- "Error 13: Can't get stat of [filename]
February 26, 2005 01:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.