MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Data loading into MySQL tables
Posted by: Manjusha Wadekar
Date: December 17, 2012 07:15AM

Hi!

I am a newbie to MySQL.

I have successfully created MySQL database with tables, users with proper permissions. I wrote a PHP script to connect to this database and even inserted records into one of the tables successfully.

However, the table in to which I inserted records using INSERT, had only about 4 columns and 5 records at the most. There were no problems what so ever.

But when I wrote a similar script to INSERT data into another table that had 17 columns and about 900 records, though I did not get any error message while running the PHP script, the records were not INSERTED at all! There is no data that is loaded into this table that was to have 900 records.

What could have happened? What should I do? LOAD INFILE command worked locally on my WAMP server but the same isn't working on a web server.

Any help, clue is greatly appreciated! I have to finish this uploading data rather fast! I have used WAMP 2 on my local machine (PHP 5.4.3 and MySQL 5.5.24).

Thanks in advance! Truly appreciate any help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Data loading into MySQL tables
December 17, 2012 07:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.