MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication
Posted by: GunHalcon Gun
Date: January 18, 2011 06:38AM

Hello friends,
I have a problem, i have installed ms4w 3.0 that i need for a new application that im doing, when i put in php this sentence $con = mysql_connect("host:port","user","password"); this return me:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:554) in C:\ms4w\apps\test\test.php on line 8 Warning: mysql_connect(): OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in C:\ms4w\apps\test\test.php on line 8 Warning: mysql_connect(): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in C:\ms4w\apps\test\test.php on line 8

I can't modify nothing of the server. All our applications connect here in my work with the server correctly, but my new application with ms4w 3.0 not. I need connect with $con = mysql_connect("host:port","user","password"); successful with the new ms4w 3.0 . I can't do the command "SET PASSWORD...." because It can affect to the connections that we have in the others applications.
Please i need your help. Im waiting your answer soon.
Thank you very much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication
January 18, 2011 06:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.