MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Creating tables with PHP script, getting MySQL errors
Posted by: Don Hanson
Date: December 14, 2005 01:30AM

I keep getting this error when attampting to create a table with a simple PHP script I whipped up.

Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INDEX, talent_step VARCHAR, action BOOLEAN, karma BOOLEAN, skill BOOLEAN, skill_' at line 1

Whole query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS talents (id BIGINT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, talent_name VARCHAR INDEX, talent_step VARCHAR, action BOOLEAN, karma BOOLEAN, skill BOOLEAN, skill_only BOOLEAN, skill_cat VARCHAR, strain TINYINT UNSIGNED, source VARCHAR, description TEXT)

I've tried changing names of tables, puting the in single quotes, changing column types and a few other things but nothing seems to change the fact that it errors out right after the second column definition (talent_name)

Here is the PHP code that creates the query

### talents table
$talqry = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS talents (";
$talqry .= "id BIGINT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, ";
$talqry .= "talent_name VARCHAR INDEX, ";
$talqry .= "talent_step VARCHAR, ";
$talqry .= "action BOOLEAN, ";
$talqry .= "karma BOOLEAN, ";
$talqry .= "skill BOOLEAN, ";
$talqry .= "skill_only BOOLEAN, ";
$talqry .= "skill_cat VARCHAR, ";
$talqry .= "strain TINYINT UNSIGNED, ";
$talqry .= "source VARCHAR, ";
$talqry .= "description TEXT)";

$talres = mysql_query($talqry);
if (!$talres) {
$message = 'Invalid query: ' . mysql_error() . "<BR><BR>\n\n";
$message .= 'Whole query: ' . $talqry . "<BR><BR>\n\n";
die($message);
}

I've tried changing the double quotes " to single quotes ' in the variable declarations as well. This has had me stumped for a while and is probabley some very simple mistake I'm missing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Creating tables with PHP script, getting MySQL errors
December 14, 2005 01:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.