MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: MySql table disappears at random after multiple TRUNCATE queries
Posted by: A I
Date: September 23, 2014 10:19PM

In the main view of Phpmyamin. Anyway, I switched to DELETE instead of TRUNCATE and believe the problem will not be back, I suspect the problem was related to this part of reference manual:

Logically, TRUNCATE TABLE is similar to a DELETE statement that deletes all rows, or a sequence of DROP TABLE and CREATE TABLE statements. To achieve high performance, it bypasses the DML method of deleting data. [...] Although TRUNCATE TABLE is similar to DELETE, it is classified as a DDL statement rather than a DML statement. It differs from DELETE in the following ways in MySQL 5.5:

Truncate operations drop and re-create the table, which is much faster than deleting rows one by one, particularly for large tables.

So I guess at some point re-creation part of TRUNCATE fails if you abuse it the way I did.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySql table disappears at random after multiple TRUNCATE queries
A I
September 23, 2014 10:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.