MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

(SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 08S01) and ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Posted by: Mimi Tam
Date: March 05, 2010 04:17PM

I saw lots of the exact same complains as this one (see Subject) out in the Internet but for older MySQL.

I am running MySQL 5.1.

First db ran just fine until I had to delete it and create a new one. It wouldn't connect anymore.

On the command line, when I typed in "mysqld", it connected but if I typed in "mysql", I got the error message above.

Within Eclipse, when I try to bring the server up, I got this trace:

"...2010-03-05 16:23:02,289 INFO [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean] - Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
609 [main] INFO org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory - Initializing connection provider: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider
2892 [main] WARN org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 08S01
2892 [main] ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
2894 [main] WARN org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory - Could not obtain connection to query metadata
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure..."

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
(SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 08S01) and ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
March 05, 2010 04:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.