MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Write conflict Access updating a mysql table
Posted by: Shawn Dunn
Date: March 08, 2010 03:07PM

Hello all

I have been researching this problem for a solution.

A co-worker has been developing a Access 2000 project to import data into several mysql tables. All the tables can be updated except for the main po table and when we open the table and change the data in one of the records and move to the nexr record, we get the write conflict box - the record has been changed by another user...

This table has a po_timestamp field and received_timestamp field.

What I have done so far.

I removed the po_timestamp field and the received_timestamp field and we could update fields. But the po_number stopped auto incrementing.

The time of the mysql pc and his laptop has been synced.

The ODBC 3.51 has 'Return matching rows' checked.

The po_timestamp and received_timestamp are null with a default of 0.

ODBC 3.51 was installed and configured on another PC with Access 2000. As soon as a change is made on one of the fields in the po_header, the write conflict window appears.

I installed ODBC 5.1 but the access front end would not load and came back with a ODBC connection error.

Some of the searches out there say remove the timestamp field, others say to add one. And I have tried to research this and to implement the suggestions.

Any ideas? Please I can use your help.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Write conflict Access updating a mysql table
March 08, 2010 03:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.