MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Access Resists using mySQL as a Backend
Posted by: Aaron Edwards
Date: August 21, 2005 02:02PM

I'm doing this large database project for my client using MS Access as a front end. We started out using SQL Server as a backend, but chose instead to go with MySQL because of MicroSoft's ridiculous licensing costs.

I have noticed though that the performance is much worse using MySQL than it was with SQL Server, even thought the machine runing SQL Server was older and more impacted.

Strangely enough, the queries come out of MySQL faster than they did with MS SQL, but the internal Access functions, like basic cntl-F searches than are miserably slow.

DOES ACCESS HAVE SOME INTERNAL 'SUCK ASS WHEN USING MYSQL AS BACKEND' PROPERTY I DON'T KNOW ABOUT???

Using MyODBC 3.51.

Also, I noted that the MySQL Migration Toolkit failed to export my foreign key constraints, which may be a problem with the Toolkit, or another problem with Access. I had to re-build 25 FK's by hand.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Access Resists using mySQL as a Backend
August 21, 2005 02:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.