MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Migrating Access 97 to Win 7-64 -> ODBC problem
Posted by: Harvey Morgan
Date: August 11, 2013 08:02AM

I have an Access 97 db that I've been using as the front end to a MySQL db, first under Win XP, then Win 7-32. Please note in passing that Access 97 works fine under Win 7-32.

I've just recently upgraded my system to Win 7-64 and I've been fighting my way thru the problems of getting everything to work together. But now I'm stuck.

The 32-bit ODBC connection I created using the MySQL ODBC connector 5.2 changes long varchar fields (over 255 chars) to Access text fields and queries containing those fields no longer work. Of course, these queries worked perfectly using ODBC under Win 7-32. Help!! I'd hate to lose the data in the long varchar fields.

Any suggestions? (Other than upgrading Access! I retired ten years ago after spending hundreds of hours in app development using Access 97. I don't want to spend the time or money to upgrade Access.)

Harvey

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migrating Access 97 to Win 7-64 -> ODBC problem
August 11, 2013 08:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.