MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Intersystems Cache To MySQL
Posted by: James Hogan
Date: May 08, 2007 01:18PM

Has anyone been able to successfully convert/extract tables and data from an intersystems cache database to MySQL?

I've tried to MySQL Migration Tool but I either don't seem to be using it correctly or it won't work with Cache.

I've also tried writing code to do the move, ie, I wrote a PERL program that made two odbc connections, one to Cache and one to MySQL and did a read from cache, insert into MySQL (select * from Cache into a recordset then for each result in the recordset, put together an insert statment to insert into mySQL). That didn't work out as I would get memory issues trying to select all of the columns/rows from some of the tables.

I also tried something similar with VB.NET and the best I can get to work is to create a DataReader() and read one record at a time and insert. It is working, just VERY slow.

There are over 520 "classes" (god I HATE cache) in the cache database, not including these things called serial objects which are like tables, but Cache makes them up on the fly AND a number of these "classes" have nothing but over 150 %string types. Part of my problem has been that even creating tables in MySQL is a problem because if I get the schema through ODBC, I end up with 187 varchar(24000) fields in several cases.

I'm just a guy who runs a small website for a car club and a friend of mine who also ran a website for a car club shut his site down and sent me his cache DB so that I can host some data for people coming from his club. I just don't want to install, run or maintain cache on my server.

Thanks for any help.

--
Jim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Intersystems Cache To MySQL
May 08, 2007 01:18PM
May 14, 2007 08:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.