MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Memory Storage Engine

Building Memory Table from AES Encrypted Physical Table
Posted by: Lyle Holcomb
Date: April 07, 2014 11:33PM

Dear All,

I want to only store encrypted data on my website. I have a tiny 3 column table (ID, Name, Address) for a test. It is AES encrypted. My thought is to create a memory table which will be non-encrypted and build it from the encrypted table on my application init. So I was considering how to do this especially since the encrypted table structure is (ID-bigint autoincrement, Name-varbinary 200, Address-varbinary 200) and I want the resulting memory table to be (ID, bigint, Name varchar 100, Address varchar 100). I don't want any physical intermediary unencrypted data. Here were statements inserting and retrieving the encrypted data:

INSERT into user (first_name, address) VALUES (AES_ENCRYPT('Obama', 'usa2010'),AES_ENCRYPT('Obama', 'usa2010'));

SELECT ID, AES_DECRYPT(first_name, 'usa2010'), AES_DECRYPT(address, 'usa2010') from user;

Any thoughts much appreciated including alternative approaches to just storing encrypted data.

Thanks greatly,

Lyle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Building Memory Table from AES Encrypted Physical Table
April 07, 2014 11:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.