MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Create Stored Procedure Issues with PhpMyAdmin
Posted by: Glass Hopper
Date: November 13, 2006 09:44AM

Are there any syntatical issues known with PhpMyAdmin and the creation of stored procedures.

I have upgraded my db to 5.0.26 running on phpMyAdmin 2.6.2 on Windows - [ this mirrors my hosts software config - their platform is Linux ]

I ran mysqlcheck and it all passed okay.

I have read the issues related to DELIMITERS but have not been able to successfully issue a DELIMITER command via phpMyAdmin 2.6.2.

However I am continually getting #1064 errors when attempting to create the stored procedure both locally and on my hosts server when I insert a sql statement.
If I create the procedure with empty Begin End tags the procedure is created.

I have spent several hours testing and reading the experience of other users on this forum - but I have no definitive answer to why this is occurring for me with the simplest of stored procedures with my configuration.

I have tried muliple versions of the create procedure statement and here is a copy in its simplest form.

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_select_changelog
CREATE PROCEDURE sp_select_changelog()
BEGIN
SELECT * FROM sys_changelog_data;
END;

I appreciate any feedback from users who have experience in such matters.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.