MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Alter Routine Remotely Problem
Posted by: ros bay
Date: February 25, 2012 06:47PM

Hello, I have a problem. I want to grant a user named aircare_access at host 192.168.2.6 privileges as shown below, but the problem is once I'll try to access it from 192.168.2.6 it cannot alter routine eventhough I've clearly stated that it can alter routine on database aircare_chris. BTW, I'm using MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE to try and alter routines but I can't.

mysql> show grants for aircare_access@192.168.2.6;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------+
| Grants for aircare_access@192.168.2.6

|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'aircare_access'@'192.168.2.6' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*
0D4B40933307409FFDF063D794AAECF9BF624242'
|
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
EXECUTE, CREATE VIEW, SHOW VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE ON `aircare_chris
`.* TO 'aircare_access'@'192.168.2.6' |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

But when I grant a Global Privilege SELECT for the user aircare_access (sample query below), I can use the ALTER ROUTINE already but the problem is all of the databases in my server are shown, and they can read data from each of those database although they can't modify anything but what I'm trying to come up is just show the database aircare_chris and can use ALTER ROUTINE and other privileges.

mysql> show grants for aircare_access@192.168.2.6;
| Grants for aircare_access@192.168.2.6

|
| GRANT SELECT ON *.* TO 'aircare_access'@'192.168.2.6' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '
*0D4B40933307409FFDF063D794AAECF9BF624242'
|
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
EXECUTE, CREATE VIEW, SHOW VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE ON `aircare_chris
`.* TO 'aircare_access'@'192.168.2.6' |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Alter Routine Remotely Problem
February 25, 2012 06:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.