MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Re: Stored procedure/function appears non-deterministic (and I'm going crazy)
Posted by: Martin Aspeli
Date: November 15, 2005 12:05PM

Grr... Seems not everything got pasted right. I will find you the script again, when I'm back in the office in the morning. However, some more tests on a smaller recordset seems to indicate the problem goes away when the table only has two rows of dummy data. Is there some way I can send you the data itself?

Basically, the current hypothesis is:

- If, in the same sequence of execution (not necessarily same transaction, but same stream of commands being sent to mysqld, either via a .sql script or via a SELECT with multiple calls to testVehicleByRule) the testVehicleByRule function once returns False, any subsequent call also returns False, even when it should (and if called by its own, it does) return True.

We're wondering about race conditions or something similar here. If I were debugging this in a regular programming language, my instincts would tell me to look for thread race conditions and/or the use of global/static/shared variables. Is that something that could happen due to some mis-configuration?

Thank you so much for showing an interest! We're going around in great big circles at the moment...

Martin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Stored procedure/function appears non-deterministic (and I'm going crazy)
November 15, 2005 12:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.