MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Problematic prepared statement problem in stored procedure
Posted by: Bill Phan
Date: April 20, 2013 02:01AM

I'm trying to create a prepared statement for an INSERT that takes its input from a parameterized SELECT statement. All of this is contained within a stored procedure.

Here are the key SQL statements for the stored procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE twelve_mnth_usr_report(start_month VARCHAR(20), table_name VARCHAR(20), num_iterations INT, choice INT)

BEGIN

DECLARE next_month DATETIME;
DECLARE curr_month DATETIME;
DECLARE last_month DATETIME;
DECLARE counter INT default 0;

SET curr_month=start_month;
SET last_month=DATE_SUB(start_month, INTERVAL 1 MONTH);
SET next_month=ADDDATE(start_month, INTERVAL 1 MONTH);

Here are the SQL statements that comprise the problematic prepared statement. The
problem is evidently w/the use of the declared variable curr_month. I've tried various other permutations to get it to work (i.e. ''',curr_month,''' and even
including curr_month as part of the string) but nothing seems to work, not even
using a string literal for the DATETIME value.

SET @sql_stmt_insrt_mnth_rprt = CONCAT('INSERT INTO Monthly_Report (month,job_user,TotCPU,TotRT,TotGbytes_secs,TotIO,Totmaxvmem) SELECT ',curr_month,',owner,SUM(CPU)/3600 AS "TotCPU",SUM(ru_wallclock)/3600 AS "TotRT",SUM(mem) AS "Gbytes-secs", SUM(io) AS "I/O",SUM(maxvmem) FROM ',table_name,' WHERE (submission_time <> 0) AND (end_time <> 0) AND (start_time < UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',next_month,''')) AND (((end_time >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',curr_month,''')) AND (start_time >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',last_month,''')) AND (end_time < UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',next_month,''')) AND ((end_time - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',curr_month,''')) >= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',curr_month,''') - start_time))) OR ((start_time >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',curr_month,''')) AND (start_time < UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',next_month,''')) AND ((end_time - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',next_month,''')) < (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(''',next_month,''') - start_time)))) GROUP BY owner ORDER BY "Total RT by owner" DESC;');

PREPARE s1 FROM @sql_stmt_insrt_mnth_rprt;
EXECUTE s1;
DEALLOCATE PREPARE s1;

start_month is a string of the form 2013-03-01 00:00:00

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problematic prepared statement problem in stored procedure
April 20, 2013 02:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.