MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Server instance issue
Posted by: zibin2k2
Date: July 18, 2005 09:00AM

Hello,

I am really scratching my head with server instances. Sometimes when i want to add a server instance(through MySQL server instance config), I fail to add and receive either an 'error0' or 'data directory was not removed automitcally' error. (I have a feelng the second error was because i uninstalled an old copy of MySQL)

I assume that my server instance add process have failed. However, the next time i restarted my PC, i can actually view the successfully created server instance in the MySQL server instance config delete choices.

Well, I was happy that the service was created despite the oddity. I then tried to open MySQLAdministrator and i can see the server running for few seconds before it shows the server has stopped, i tried restarting the server but without success. Whenever i open the MySQLAdministrator panel, i see the service running a few seconds before it stops again. I close MySQLAdministrator and reopen to see the server running a while before stopping again.

Why is this happening?

I have done several unistallation. And if this problem persist, i will have to do it once more. But is there anything else that is not removed from uninstallation that is hampering my progress?

Advice are greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Server instance issue
July 18, 2005 09:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.