MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL Dump Sizes Way Bigger between Sync'd DBs
Posted by: Max Hugen
Date: January 10, 2015 02:17AM

I run a MySQL database for a client application on a server. It is backed up nightly by producing a dump. For development purposes, I synchronise this db to my local machine using SQLyog, and as an added safeguard, I also dump my db to a backup external drive.

All has gone well for years, but now that we have to move the db to a different client server, I've just realised that the dumps on the server are ~830Mb, whereas the dumps on my machine are only ~130Mb.

Data seems AOK between both the server and my machine, but I'm confused - and extremely concerned - by the vastly different dump sizes.

Has anyone come across anything like this? I haven't any idea why this would be, and as I am a one-man band doing development/programming/db admin for some apps that help with billion dollar hospital construction projects, I'm very worried.

I'd hugely appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions on what could be going on!

MTIA

Max Hugen
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Dump Sizes Way Bigger between Sync'd DBs
January 10, 2015 02:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.