Posted by: Robert Pickering
Date: October 26, 2015 12:25AM

I am using

ApacheFriends XAMPP Version 5.6.12

xampp-win32-5.6.12-0-VC11-installer.exe

+ Apache 2.4.4
+ MySQL 5.5.32 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.6.12

I know this is just a toy for developing (read their own documentation "readme_en.txt"), and not suitable for production systems, but I was in a hurry to get started !

I made the mistake of updating to the latest version in xampp-win32-5.6.14-0-VC11-installer.exe.

This installed MariaDB instead of mySql, and totally failed to allow me to import my database.

No matter what I tried, I got the error:

"ERROR 1728 (HY000) at line 815: Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted"

I followed every possible link in Google to try to fix it, but gave up and uninstalled it, and will stick with mySql.

In the end I gave up and went back to XAMP 5.6.12, realising that I am wading around in a murky pond in the dark, trying to avoid the next sink hole.

I will eventually be looking at deploying an Android app using PHP and mySQl, and I am looking for advice on best practices to ensure that the system is secure, bulletproof and scaleable.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
XAMP users beware !!!
October 26, 2015 12:25AM
October 30, 2015 02:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.