MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Modifying Index in Table
Posted by: Sam Wenger
Date: August 22, 2016 08:37AM

I have a ticketing program which we use for help desk which uses MYSQL database. I created my own Access Database with additional information, but I linked in the tables using MYSQL ODBC in order to pull some information from the ticketing system. One of the fields I was using from the MYSQL ODBC had the Indexed set to Yes (No Duplicates) which allowed me to link to my Access Table using a One-to-Many relationship.

I now have a second instance of the ticketing Program for a second company. My goal was to duplicate what I had already done for the first company. So I created a second ODBC connected to the second MYSQL instance. However, I noticed that the Relationship link to my Access Table came in as Indeterminate. When comparing both instances I noticed that the new MYSQL instance has this field for the Index set to No.

I went into the MYSQL Workbench and added this field as Unique Index. However, when I go back to Access and relink this Table the field still shows up as Indexed No. So I can still not link with a One-to-Many.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Modifying Index in Table
August 22, 2016 08:37AM
August 22, 2016 08:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.