MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Setting password for MySQL from WAMP?
Posted by: Abel MacAdam
Date: July 17, 2008 03:30AM

Hi,

A few months back I installed WAMP (one big installation of Apache, MySQL and PHP for Windows). The last week I'm busy with Portal development. As a result I'm trying to install Jetspeed-2. The installer of Jetspeed asked what Database I would like to use. As I installed WAMP I thought it wiser to stick to MySQL. When I started phpMyAdmin I saw the following message:
"Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account."

As it is some time since I installed WAMP I cannot remember what I need to do. I searched the install directory and found that the word password is contained in several .ini files (my-huge.ini, my-innodb-heavy-4G.ini, my-large.ini, my-medium.inim and my-small.ini, but not in my.ini). The format of the line is:
#password = your_password

I take it I need to remove the # at the start of the line, replace 'your_password' with a password of my choosing? But in what ini file? How does WAMP know what ini file to choose? In the same directory as the ini files I see a wampserver.conf file. In it there is an entry:
$mysqlConf['mysqlConfFile'] = 'my.ini';
Does this entry make WAMP to choose for my.ini?

I plan to use the WAMP/MySQL installation purely for development purposes.

Abel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Setting password for MySQL from WAMP?
July 17, 2008 03:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.