How to get rid of or change Schema name in Bulk Transfer
Posted by: Mollick Arefin
Date: September 11, 2006 02:50PM

Hi,

I am trying to merge tables in multiple Oracle (8.1.7.4) Schemas (under the same SID) ONLINE to a single MySQL schema (database) using MySQL Migration Toolkit. I can edit the CREATE TABLE statements to alter (or get rid of) the original schema names in the "Manual Editing" step that allows me to successfully create all the tables in one MySQL schema! However, the toolkit is trying to transfer the data to the old schemas in the "Bulk Transfer" step, and I could not edit the INSERT scripts to use the new common schema as the destination. An example is:

INSERT INTO `reserve`.`authentication`(`username`, `password`, `first_login`, `name`, `email`, `pwd_expires`)

I want to get rid of `reserve`. as below -

INSERT INTO `authentication`(`username`, `password`, `first_login`, `name`, `email`, `pwd_expires`)

Or I want to have -

INSERT INTO `abc`.`authentication`(`username`, `password`, `first_login`, `name`, `email`, `pwd_expires`)

Where `abc` is my new common schema.

Any hint will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to get rid of or change Schema name in Bulk Transfer
September 11, 2006 02:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.