MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL on Mac OS X cannot use
Posted by: Lex Vilanova
Date: August 22, 2007 09:55AM

I have used the package installer and tried to follow other instruction to be able to operate it on my mac, but I can't seem to get past the basic installation. All the files are definitely there, but I can't setup a user or a password, or enter the admin via terminal. Can anyone tell me what to do from the point I launch terminal in order to enter the admin and actually be able to configure the DB? All the commands given in the instructions give me the "command not found". For reference, I attempting to following these partially http://www.geektimes.com/macintosh/os/x/10_0/and/mysql_install.html.

In the first part, I did create the file specified, but when I run it it does not recog setenv command. Neither does it recog souce ~/.tcshrc command. I don't even know what these are anyways. As you can see, I'm a complete newbie and all I want to do is have a complete mysql php local testing server working. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL on Mac OS X cannot use
August 22, 2007 09:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.