MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Illegal Connection Port Value 'MySQL' {Solved}
Posted by: Bit Shifter
Date: January 19, 2008 11:53PM

I am trying to connect to mysql with Open Office and I'm not having much luck.

Here is what I've done so far:

* Installed MySQL
* Installed phpMyAdmin - I'm able to connect to mysql, create databases, execute SQL queries, etc.
* Copied mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar to /usr/lib/jvm/jre/lib/
* Added in OOo Tools-Options-Java-Archive this line: /usr/lib/jvm/jre/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar
* Rebooted computer
* Then using the OOo Database Wizard did the following-
* In OO Calc selected File-New-Database-Connect to an existing database
* Then selected Connect using JDBC
* Made sure that JDBC driver class is: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
* Set Server URL to: jdbc:mysql://localhost/test/user=root/password= {this is on the "Set up JDBC connection" screen of the wizard} entered "test" in the Database field and left the port at 3306

* Run "Test Class" and it works here with the message, "The JDBC driver was loaded successfully"
* Go to the "Set up user authentication" screen in the wizard, enter "root" in the User name field, then select "Test connection" and I receive "Illegal connection port value 'mysql:'
* Commented out "skip-networking" in /etc/my.conf as was suggested elsewhere

I've tried every syntax combination that I have located on the Net, but always end up with this message. I have also ignored this error and have not been able to connect to MySQL with OO. I've also created different databases with tables and without tables and can't connect with OO.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
RS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2008 04:05PM by Bit Shifter.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Illegal Connection Port Value 'MySQL' {Solved}
January 19, 2008 11:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.