MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Problem reading databases
Posted by:
Date: January 14, 2009 04:23AM

Hi there,

First of all I'm not sure I've posted this in the right section (there's so many!).. so don't flame me about that :).

Secondly;
Recently my old computer (openSUSE 11.0, and MySQL version 5.0.45) crashed and i had to reinstall it... So I did and computer is now running openSUSE 11.1 with MySQL version 5.0.67 (from RPM). After that I copied all the files from "/var/lib/mysql/**DB**/" (**DB** in this case is 'corruption_dkp_25') on old disk to new one at the same location. When I list databases in new MySQL I get output:

-------------------------------------------------------
mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| corruption_dkp_25 |
| mysql |
| test |
+--------------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

But then when I try to do anything with the tables in database I get following output:

mysql> describe corruption_dkp_25.eqdkp_logs;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'corruption_dkp_25.eqdkp_logs' doesn't exist
mysql>

I've checked the "/var/lib/mysql/corruption_dkp_25/" directory and its permissions (all files have owner mysql, group mysql, and permissions 660 (directory have mysql.mysql 700)). I've tried so many things to repair/force this table/database to work so I'm afraid I can't remember everything I've done :P.

Worth mentioning: table type is InnoDB.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Much appriciated.
/Erik Nordlander

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problem reading databases
January 14, 2009 04:23AM
January 30, 2009 06:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.