MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Please help - install/uninstall
Posted by: Nancy Miller
Date: August 22, 2009 03:21AM

I'm trying to set up a server for my husband who is currently in Iraq. I keep running into problem after problem and error after error. So, here I am trying to start anew wiping everything that I've installed on my computer for the purposes of this server and starting all over. I initially installed mysql 4.1 with a configuration that had something to do with mysql4, then i installed mysql 7.something thinking it would just overwrite what I had before with the configuration that had something to do with mysl1(no 4 for this one) as that is what the umpteenth guide told me to do. So, I went to test it and I got some access denied error when I went to type in my password in the cmd window. Since I couldn't figure out how to fix it, I thought I would just uninstall mysql. However, mysql and mysql4 both still seem to be listed in my services windows after the uninstall.

Any ideas please?

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Please help - install/uninstall
August 22, 2009 03:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.