MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Instance not getting created
Posted by: Kevin ultimate
Date: December 29, 2010 01:12AM

I have Windows7 (x64 edition) OS in my computer. I have successfully installed 32 bit Apache & PHP.

I have downloaded the official MySQL Server 5.1 release (mysql-essential-5.1.51-winx64.msi) and it gets installed successfully (Selected complete installation option).

The problem I am facing is in configuring the MySQL Server Instance. I selected the following options:
1. Configuration Type : 'Detailed Configuration'
2. Server Type : 'Developer Machine'
3. Database usage : 'Multifunctional Database'
4. InnoDB TableSpace settings:
a. in C drive (the installation path) has 61.5 GB free space.
5. Concurrent connections: Decision Support (DSS) / OLAP
6a. Enabled TCP/IP networking on 3306 port with firewall exception
6b. Enabled Strict Mode
7. Default Char Set: Standard Char set
8a. Enabled 'Install As Windows Service'. Service name: 'Mysql'. told to launch automatically.
8b. Enabled 'Include bin directory in windows path'
9a. enabled 'Modify security setting'. has put the same password in all three fields (Have also tried putting the password only in the last two fields and leaving the first field blank)
9b. No access from remote machines
9c. creating no anonymouse account

Now, in the next screen when I press execute button:
'Prepare configuration' step is completed
'Writing configuration file' step is completed (in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini)
After these, the application stops responding and remains in the same state for hours.

I would need to end this process to after a long wait. when I try to run again it asks me whether I need to reconfigure or remove the instance. I can remove the instance but reconfigure way also stops at the execution stage.

I have installed/unistalled mysql & created/removed instance tens of times but with no success.

Could anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Instance not getting created
December 29, 2010 01:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.