MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Can't connect to lacal MySQL instance
Posted by: Sergey Zykov
Date: November 12, 2011 04:22AM

My system is to my Windows 7. I've installed MySQL Server in development configuration. The problem is that i can't connect to it from both console client and Workbench GUI. Process explorer ensures me that mysqld.exe process is running and listening to TCP port 3306. In before, i've noticed that installator failed to create rule which is surrosed to allow inbound connections to mysql instance, so i've created it myself. It doesn't help though. I didn't found a telnet utility in my win7 installation, so i've managed to connect to localhost:3306 using Putty with 'Telnet' protocol and issued some random strings there. Remote side didn't annswered. However, according to Process explorer, outbound connection Putty->localhost:3306 is established. I don't have any further ideas how to make it work.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't connect to lacal MySQL instance
November 12, 2011 04:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.