MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Building from souirces
Posted by: Igor Korot
Date: May 15, 2017 10:41AM

Hi,
I'm trying to build mySQL Connector C from source code on Gentoo Linux.
I have a CMake installed and then did this:

1. Downloaded and unpack the source code.
2. Run "cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug".
3. Run "make -n".

The output was as follows:

// Bunch of log skipped for the "message is too long" warning...
cd /home/igor/mysql-connector/extra && /usr/bin/cc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DMUTEX_EVENT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/home/igor/mysql-connector/include -I/home/igor/mysql-connector/extra/rapidjson/include -I/home/igor/mysql-connector/zlib  -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-security -Wvla -Wwrite-strings -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror -g -fabi-version=2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -DENABLED_DEBUG_SYNC -DSAFE_MUTEX   -o CMakeFiles/comp_err.dir/comp_err.c.o   -c /home/igor/mysql-connector/extra/comp_err.c
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'mysys/libmysys.a', needed by 'extra/comp_err'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1085: recipe for target 'extra/CMakeFiles/comp_err.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [extra/CMakeFiles/comp_err.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:149: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Why does it produce error when trying to do a "dry run"? Is it a problem with the Makefile generated or CMake?

But more importantly - why even use CMake in the first place? It is much more convenient to use basic "configure and friends".

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Building from souirces
May 15, 2017 10:41AM
July 19, 2017 09:02AM
October 03, 2017 11:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.