MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Connector/Net API pieces missing
Posted by: Bradley Ross
Date: September 20, 2010 07:20AM

It appears that I was incorrect and MySqlConnection actually belongs to the MySql.Data.MySqlClient namespace. It was just confusing from the documentation. However, the behavior of the code would seem to imply that MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection is a subclass of System.Data.Common.DbConnection and I really couldn't get this from the documentation. The subclass/superclass relationships are important when
writing code going to multiple databases. Would it be possible to have a plain vanilla Sandcastle report on the dll. (I think the Hana representation is clearest.)

What I really need are superclass/subclass relationships between all the MySql classes and the more generic .Net classes. A mapping of the MySql classes to the corresponding .Net classes would also be useful.

Heavily revised - see above

I had put this in another section, but this one may be more appropriate. I was looking at section 21.2.7 Connector/Net API Reference. I see sections for the MySql.Data.MySqlClient and MySql.Data.Types namespaces but not for the MySql.Data namespace, which apparently contains MySqlConnection and a number of other .Net classes. Am I looking at the wrong section?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 02:36PM by Bradley Ross.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connector/Net API pieces missing
September 20, 2010 07:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.