adding another criteria(the schedule)
Posted by: Dimitris Papageorgiou
Date: November 24, 2015 01:53AM

As I am building an appointments app I have created a table that holds all possible appointments slots and if I want to get the available appointments I just left loin this table with another one that holds the already booked appointments....http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?125,636504

Nonetheless in getting the available appointments I must add another criteria also..that of the schedules of business providers...if a hair salon opens at 10:00 for example there is not point showing to the user 09:00 as an available time-slot.

I hold the schedules in this table:
CREATE TABLE `store_open` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`b_user_ID` mediumint(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
`open_time` time DEFAULT NULL,
`close_time` time DEFAULT NULL,
`open_time_b` time DEFAULT NULL,
`close_time_b` time DEFAULT NULL,
`day` varchar(12) DEFAULT NULL,
`model_ID` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `b_user_ID` (`b_user_ID`),
CONSTRAINT `busers_reference` FOREIGN KEY (`b_user_ID`) REFERENCES `business_users` (`crID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=8 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

where you see _b it refers to a different session in the day where the store is open.
For example it opens in the morning,closes at noon and opens again in the afternoon(session b).

But to be honest I am not sure that I can add this criteria the way the table is designed now...probably a redesign of this table is required...

What do you think?Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
adding another criteria(the schedule)
November 24, 2015 01:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.