dbf to xls problems
Posted by: nick
Date: November 04, 2005 01:03PM

Hi all. I'm very new to databases but i have a project that i must carry out and i'm stuck so i need your help pls! I have a phone catalog with many many numbers for athens/greece but these numbers can only be viewed with an exe programm coming with it in tha catalog cd. Now .. what i want is ... to take tha dbf file i found in the cd, and convert it in xls format, so i can open it with excel to make it whatever i want!

The problem is that when i open the dbf file with some free programs i found in the internet.. i see some fonts that are not understandable. The language is greek. When i open some ather dbf files ine the same cd the fonts are correct and make sense!! I can't understand what's going on.

onather problem...: as i mentioned before.. some other dbf files wthin the same cd-rom are shown corectly in the dbf viewer program. But when i export it in xls format (excel) an then reopen it... i see again fonts that are not understanable.

what i'm doing wrong? or do i need any tool that i don't have?

sorry but i'm vary new to all these...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
dbf to xls problems
November 04, 2005 01:03PM
August 17, 2006 06:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.