MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Windows 7 64bits degradation with MySQL
Posted by: Giovanni Rossi
Date: September 03, 2014 12:47AM

Hi,

I've installed MySQL (mysql-installer-community-5.6.20.0.msi) on a Win7 64bit system and I'm having some issues.
It seems that as soon as I connect to the internet (via a 3g connection over a USB key), I start to experience a strange Windows behaviour:

-In Windows file explorer, if I right click in the right panel and try to create a new file, the file doesn't appear immediately but it takes a F5 press to refresh the view and make it appear (this happens with every command, i.e. a file delete)
-If I double click on a media file (mp3 or video) nothing happens and after about 30 seconds I get a Windows errror "server execution failed".

The triggering event *SEEMS* to be an internet connection that I make during the day: after such connection the problem appears and stays there until I reboot the machine.

The database functionalities are Ok since I run a local WordPress site via localhost without problems.

I also have MySQL Notifier 1.1.5 problems:
it seems that I can't successfully start/sopt the mysqld service. When I try to start/stop the service, I get the following error (after about 15 sec) "The service MySQL56 failed the most recent status change request with the message. TIme out has expired and the operation has not been completed. If problem persist please restart MySQL notifier" which I try to do: I close the notifier but I'm not able to relaunch it (nothing happens).

Best regards,
Giovanni.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Windows 7 64bits degradation with MySQL
September 03, 2014 12:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.