MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

R/W Splitting Problems
Posted by: Jim Carrothers
Date: January 18, 2008 03:08PM

I am currently running a MySQL proxy with 1 remote RW MySQL backend server and 1 local Read-only MySQL backend that replicates off of the remote master. Our MySQL servers host quite a few DBs for a variety of sites and services, most of which have their own individual users. We are using version 0.6.0 of the proxy.

I recently enabled the read-write splitting Lua script, and I ran into a problem where the less busy services were running into a problem with their read requests where the SELECT query was being denied because the user being used for the connection to the read-only backend did not have the appropriate rights to read from the DB. I checked the process list on the slave server, and discovered that some connections had been created using the users of our busiest services. I narrowed the problem down to the fact that while it appears the existing connections to the master server can get "re-auth'd" to the current user, the same is not true of the connections to the slave, and so because the current number of connections is above the idle minimum setting, a new connection for the current user is not created and the proxy tries to use an existing connection that is authenticated as the wrong user.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem with the proxy itself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2008 03:09PM by Jim Carrothers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
R/W Splitting Problems
January 18, 2008 03:08PM
March 04, 2008 06:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.