MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Navigator panel needs more space in 6.0 (Feature request)
Posted by: David Brown
Date: December 11, 2013 01:27PM

I understand and generally like the "streamlined" interface in 6.0.x. However, the inclusion of the "Management" and "Instance" links in the Navigator panel, leaves a lot less room for digging into the schema and its objects. This makes it a lot more difficult to do the things I (and my introductory SQL students) do most. (I'm running full-screen on a 1920x1200 monitor; computers in the labs are FHD at best.)

I don't know how the internals work, but it seems that one "easy-ish" solution could be to allow the "Management" and "Instance" sections to collapse to just that one line using the triangle tree interface already in the schema objects.

A possibly more complicated solution would be if the "Information" section could be moved (preferences/options) to a different pane. (Ideal would be if you could create arbitrary panes with whichever content you want, like Adobe's UI allows.)

Thanks for any thoughts or solutions that might already exist that I've missed!

Dave

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Navigator panel needs more space in 6.0 (Feature request)
December 11, 2013 01:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.