MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Data Migration From SQL Server to MySQL
Posted by: Dhivya Narayanasamy
Date: March 30, 2017 06:01AM

I am getting this Attribute Error : 'No Type' objectives has no attribute 'split' when i tried to migrate sql db to mysql db in mysql workbench

these are the Log details :

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
- Connecting to source...
Connecting to Mssql@sa...
Opening ODBC connection to Driver=sa;DATABASE=;UID=sa;PWD=XXXX...
Connected to Mssql@ 11.0.2100.60
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/db_mssql_grt.py", line 147, in connect
_connections[connection.__id__]["version"] = getServerVersion(connection)
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/db_mssql_grt.py", line 174, in getServerVersion
ver_parts = [ int(part) for part in ver_string.split('.') ] + 4*[ 0 ]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/db_mssql_grt.py", line 174, in getServerVersion
ver_parts = [ int(part) for part in ver_string.split('.') ] + 4*[ 0 ]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/libraries/workbench/wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 65, in run
self.func()
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/migration_source_selection.py", line 406, in task_connect
raise e
SystemError: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion
*** ERROR: Error during Connect to source DBMS: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion

File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/libraries/workbench/wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 543, in update_status
task.run()
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/libraries/workbench/wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 80, in run
raise e
SystemError: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion
*** ERROR: Exception in task 'Connect to source DBMS': SystemError('AttributeError("\'NoneType\' object has no attribute \'split\'"): error calling Python module function DbMssqlRE.getServerVersion',)

Failed

i tried a solution (given below , taken from the link https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=66030). but it didn't help. I still get the same error. Please help me.

solution:

// We'll need some help from you to diagnose this one. With a text editor, open the /Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/db_mssql_grt.py file and around line 174 you'll find a line that looks like: ver_string = execute_query(connection, "SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion')").fetchone()[0]

Change that to:

ver_string = execute_query(connection, "SELECT CAST(SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS VARCHAR)").fetchone()[0]
Then save and retry. Thanks! //

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Data Migration From SQL Server to MySQL
March 30, 2017 06:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.