MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Question for command "wb_command -cifti-gradient"
Posted by: yu li
Date: May 19, 2021 02:43AM

Hello, I'm using "wb_command -cifti-gradient" to caulate the gradient of left surface. I don't quite understand the parameter <direction>. Could anyone give suggestions?
In my opinion, if I use COLUMN, that means workbench will caulate gradient for each single column, and this process is independent between columns. Any questions? So I think using the parameter "ROW" or "COLUMN" is depend on what we want to do. For example, if I think the rows of matrix represent vertices and the columns of matrix represent features(e.g, functional connectivity), I should use COLUMN in "wb_command -cifti-gradient". But in the introduction of "wb_command -cifti-gradient", why recommend "ROW" for dconn files and "COLUMN" for dtseries files? Is the consideration between speed and PC memory?
Now, if I have a symmetrical functional connectivity of left surface (32k*32k) , and want to calculate its gradient (then smoothing), how to do? There is my code as fllows:

wb_command -cifti-gradient FC.dconn.nii COLUMN FC_gradient.dconn.nii -left-surface Conte69.L.midthickness.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii
wb_command -cifti-smoothing FC_gradient.dconn.nii 2.55 0 COLUMN FC_gradient_smooth.dconn.nii -left-surface Conte69.L.midthickness.32k_fs_LR.surf.gii

If I use "ciftiopen“ to open the result "FC_gradient_smooth.dconn.nii" in matlab, I could obtain a 32k*32K matrix. So for each sigle column of this matrix, does it represent a gradient with smooth for left surface?

Thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Question for command "wb_command -cifti-gradient"
May 19, 2021 02:43AM
May 19, 2021 09:43AM
May 19, 2021 11:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.