MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Unable to load procedures from an OS command line
Posted by: Larry D. Wilson
Date: December 10, 2011 11:03AM

This is weird. I'm quite puzzled, and I'm hoping someone's encountered this before and has a solution.

I'm moving a database, and trying to load procedures/functions from an OS command line (in a script - we have tons). Here's the syntax I'm using:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql --user=<myuser> --password=<mypw> --host=<host> --port=<port> --database=<db> < sp_myproc.sql
(run in the directory where the file resides)

I created this example file for this post, but shockingly, IT loads. I've also added some dumb statements to try and identify if it's content in ours that's preventing the load):

DELIMITER $$

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `sp_myproc`;
$$

CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_myproc`
(
  IN p_comment VARCHAR(50)
)
READS SQL DATA 
BEGIN 
  /* 
     May contain C-style comments 
   */
  # May also contain has comments
  SET p_comment = 'processed';

IF 1=2 THEN 
    SET p_comment = 'whoa...';
  END IF;

SELECT p_comment;

END;
$$

NONE of the procedures in production ever load. mysql displays no errors (or even comments or warnings when --verbose or --show_warnings are specified). All procedures have been created with Workbench.

Is there a size limit for loading procedures? Could this be character-set related?

Any ideas what could be causing procedures not to load?

PS. FWIW I'm running OSX Lion and mysql 5.5.19 locally with a 5.5.8 target database in Amazon RDS, but since my test works fine, I don't think this is the issue.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to load procedures from an OS command line
December 10, 2011 11:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.